Friday, July 17, 2009

Wow, so a lot has happened since I last posted on here. I think that I am just really bad at this stuff. It was a fantastic winter filled of snowboarding and hanging out with friends. This spring I went home for two weddings that I was in and they were a blast!

Work has been going really good I have been in helicopters and have been able to see some beautiful British Columbia weather. I just found out recently that I will be transferred to Kearl Lake; which is in northern Alberta working on an oil sands project. In some ways I feel like I am selling my soul to the devil by working on an oil project, but then somebody said to me I will be actually going up there for the right reasons by trying to make a cleaner project versus one of my engineering friends who is also very environmentally conscious who he would be going up there for pure production.

This project is a much larger construction site it is another camp job but has 3,000 people at it versus 300 that I am used to. There are a couple of different activities going on up at Kearl Lake, AB; earth works, river water intake, structures, and deep underground. Believe it or no I will be heading to the deep underground section. This move will be an excellent career move; both with Kiewit and for any future employment that I may have, but I think it might be a little hard on the soul. After going through so much with the people at this camp they become your very close knit family and now I have to leave them.

I am very excited for this new opportunity and I am ready for any challenges that may come from it. On the bright side; it brings me that much closer to the Midwest.

No comments: