Friday, October 24, 2008

The Road Trip

So technicaly I started on Friday from Lake Leelanau, MI and drove to Traverse to get my cast cut off. From there I drove to Lake Zurich, IL (Holly Revords's House) to celebrate Dona's Bachelorrette weekend in Chicago. It was a blast and I had a little too much fun.

After the weekend of fun I met my friend Jason Gamm in Milwaukee, WI for a little bite to eat, and moved on to The Twin Cities, MN to stay with Jess Johnson. I had a quick breakfast with Jess on Monday morning then drove all the way to Billings, MT. I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express because I had so many points with that hotel from my work before.

From Billings, MT I drove to Spokane, WA. I stopped there because I did not want to cross the Cascades at night. On Wednesday I only drove to Seattle, WA/ Mount Vernon, WA and stayed with a couple of Tech grads (Kate & Matt) I then left from Mount Vernon, WA to go to Vancouver, BC. Crossing the boarder was no big deal at all. I thought they would want to search my car or atleast look in it but they didn't. I did have to sit at the border for about 45 min to wait to get my work visa.

After getting into Vancouver I got to meat my boss at the main office and some other people around the office as well. I will be hanging out with Tricia this weekend, then I have my orientation on Monday morning and I will be meeting with my boss for lunch to talk about the job and what is expected of me. Tuesday morning I will fly out via float plane to my project. I will then be there for 20 days. I will try and update as much as possible when I am at camp.

If you want to see pictures from my road trip here is the link.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2057328&l=4c97a&id=6602306

3 comments:

Loring Wirbel said...

You should stop by Colorado on a visit back to Michigan! I know, I know, too far south..... good luck!

Unknown said...

glad you made the trip safely. send my best to trish and her kiwi and thx for starting the blog.

a@a.com said...

the states are missing ya molitov!! now, where are all those pictures of yourself?!?!

:)